Saturday, September 5, 2026

55th SUMEDHA SADHANA CONCLUDES HAPPILY AND FRUITFULLY

The 55th Sumedha Sadhana – A Psychological and Spiritual Wellbeing Programme at Sumedha Centre, Jharmari, Punjab, concluded happily and fruitfully, with immense satisfaction to the participants onSeptember 4th, 2026.


This 12-week residential programme ahd commenced on May 13th, 2026. There were 15 particpant , 9 women and 6 men, from different parts of the country.

Sumedha Sadhana is a programme of inner journeying together with fellow seekers in quest of greater healing and wellbeing, so that participants can live their lives in more fulfilling and satisfying ways and be more effective in their service to others. A variety of approaches and techniques are used to reach these objectives.


A major portion of the programme is devoted to the exploration of the psychological dynamics affecting our spiritual journey.

The various Modules in the programme included: Self-Awareness, Holistic and Process Spiritualties, Prayerfulness, Midlife Dynamics, Psychosexual Integration and Celibate Maturity, Trauma & Healing, Unconscious Dynamics & the Spiritual Journey, Breath, Spirit & Wellbeing, Emotional Hygiene, Group Therapy, Challenges of Consecrated Life today, Integration Retreat.


Methodology was very experiential using a four-fold approach of Input, Introspection, Interaction and Intercession. This was supplemented by Expressive Arts and Dance, Bioenergetics, Yoga, Qigong and creative liturgies.

Course requirement included reading assigned material and writing Reflective Papers and time spent in introspection and active participation in group work and sharing of responsibilities.

At the end of the programme participants reported that the programme had been very beneficial and will be enriching their journey forward.

Some illustrative participants’ comments:

·         It was a journey of coming home to myself, and more deeply to God and others. I am today not the woman I was when I arrived. Sumedha has helped me to get in touch with places within me I was afraid to look at. I have come to accept myself and others with greater love and compassion. (D)


Sumedha was a wellspring, a sacred space. A transformational journey through which I could le go many things that has led to great inner freedom and joy. Feel blessed to have had the opportunity to be here.” (L)

·         I have reached spiritual heights. I have enjoyed life at Sumedha, especially the community otherness (P.)


I came feeling helpless, in the dark, burdened with pain, feeling unaccepted, and crushed by negative thoughts. I have experienced an emotional and spiritual renewal. I learned to forgive and I can now breathe more freely. (M)

·         I came feeling helpless. I gained strength from the experience of love and togetherness at Sumedha. I learned the importance of love and trust – in self and others. (S)


I felt I was in sacred space. And God brought me here. Right place at the right time. I came here discontented with myself, alienated from God. I experienced deep spiritual and psychological enrichment, and was able to embrace my midlife gratefully. (R.) 


It was truly an Emmaus experience. It has created hope for someone who felt the world had nothing good for him. It gave me time to pause, to look at life and create space for better relationships, creating new goals for the future.  (I).

·         The insights I gained encourage me to journey through life more consciously, courageously and with confidence. (A).

·         A valuable experience. The programme helped me to look within with greater honesty and compassion. I have grown in humility, forgiveness, collaborative spirit and openness. (C)

·         Sumedha Sadhana was a rare opportunity in my life to take a break and peep into my life. I could see where I was, where I am, and where I have to be. I could address many of my personal issues and make amendments and adjustments. I came with confusion. I return with great clarity. (V)


 I have achieved fully my goal of healing from my grief and guilt, and to know my inner self. I came with a painful personal story. I go back with a greater understanding of that story. (S.)

  I came feeling very alone, with anxiety. I have changed a lot. I was able to address my concerns. Now I can understand myself better, I am able to relate to others better, accepting myself and accepting others. (M)

It was a journey of healing, growth and renewal. It has helped me to accept my past with gratitude, live the present with hope, look to the future with confidence, and evoked in me the desire to live the rest of my life with a purpose, gratitude and a generous heart. (L)

…..


You can watch glimpses of life during Sumedha Sadhana on the YouTube link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFQqgmtQrCk

……

The next Sumedha Sadhana is from September 24 to December 16, 2026. Z few seats are available. Contact: sumedhacentre@gmail.com

 

 

No comments: