Wednesday, November 25, 2020

SAD NEWS!

With great sorrow I regret to announce the passing away of Rev. Fr. Varghese Kalluvachel (age 66), Salesian priest of the Province of Kolkata and a former Visiting faculty member at Sumedha Centre (Photo below)

He died this morning (26/11) at 1.30 am at Caritas hospital, Kottayam Kerala.

Fr. Varghese used to take sessions on Consecrated life at Sumedha, as part of the Sumedha Sadhan programme. He himself had attended a full Sumedha Sadhana programme earlier. He had doctorates in philosophy and Consecrated Life.

Besides being a scholar he was a jovial human being who loved entertaining people with his numerous jokes. I am sure he will make heaven a more joyful place!


We also received the sad news of the death of Rev. Fr. Sebastian Alancheril, my former Provincial in Kolkata and my former Rector at Don Bosco, Delhi. He is the one who as Provincial gave me permission to study psychology in the US and who as Rector of Don Bosco, Delhi, when I returned to India, encouraged me in setting up Bosco Psychological Services at Don Bosco Tech, Okhla. I owe him much. May he rest in peace.

Jose Parappully




No comments: