Thursday, December 5, 2013

SUMEDHA OUTREACH AT DON BOSCO UNIVERSITY AND MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE

Director of Sumedha Centre, Dr. Jose Parappully, was invited to conduct two workshops recently, one at Assam Don Bosco University and the other at Don Bosco Management Institute, both at Guwahati.

Both workshops were on “Personal Growth.”  The one at Don Bosco University (November 27-29) was for students of the Counselling programme and of Educational Management programme. It focused on “Growing Toward Emotional and Interpersonal Maturity.”

The one at the Don Bosco Management Institute (December 2-3) was for the second year MBA students. It focused on “Emotional and Interpersonal Management.”

Both workshops had the following topics with some variations: Self-Awareness, Emotional Maturity, Enhancing Interpersonal Relationships, Assertive Communication and Behaviour and Conflict Resolution.

A four-fold process of Input, Introspection, Interaction and Interiorization was followed to explore these topics and use the insights gained to grow in personal and interpersonal maturity.

Both groups found the workshop immensely useful for their present and future.

The following comments represent typical reaction from the participants:

“This workshop has helped me to think of aspects of my life that I never thought of before. I have learned to see myself in a new light and have started appreciating myself a lot more. I have developed a stronger self-image and a wider perspective on life in general. I really feel there was a lot of change in me and my outlook towards life”

1 comment:

ekeeda001 said...

Thank you for sharing Amazing Blog. It's providing very useful guideline for science & Engineering students.
get more: Don Bosco University