Sunday, June 16, 2019

MIDLIFE DYNAMICS AND THE SPIRITUAL JOURNEY AT NRC, NEW DELHI


Dr. Jose Parappully, Director of Sumedha Centre, was invited to facilitate a Workshop on “Midlife Dynamics and the Spiritual Journey” at the Jesuit run Navjivan Renewal Centre on the Campus of the St. Xavier’s School Rajnivas Marg, Delhi from 10th to 15 June, 2019.


There were nine participants – 8 religious sisters from 6 different Congregation and one layman.


Dr. Parappully explored Awakening to Midlife, Midlife Journeys, Midlife Dynamics especially assessment of life and its priorities, dreams, (re-) awakening of sexuality and intimacy needs, de-illusioning and some transformative processes and spirituality for the post-midlife years.


Participants were very appreciative of the Workshop, finding it very useful to understand themselves and their experiences.

“A wonderful workshop…. I was able to understand the confusing experiences I was having and wondering what was happening to me. I understand the changes in me and their causes. Many of my doubts are clarified. Now I am at peace.” This was the common observation made in different participants in different words.


Participants also appreciated the relaxed atmosphere at the workshop and the methodology followed – input, time to read through relevant sections of the informative article provided, introspection, sharing in micro and macro groups, use songs and videos.


“I wish I had attended this workshop 10-15 years earlier.” This too was a common observation by participants.



No comments: