Monday, September 30, 2019

SUMEDHA OUTREACH AT LONAVALA, MAHARASHTRA


Dr. Jose Parappully, Director of Sumedha Centre, was invited to do a 6-day Workshop on “Psychosexual Integration and Celibate Maturity” for the young priests of the Salesian Province of Mumbai. These were priests within the first five years since their ordination. There were 19 of them.


The workshop was held at Don Bosco Lonavla from 22 to 28th September.

The topics covered included Understanding Human Sexuality and Intimacy; Some Problems and Challenges; Sexual Boundary Violations and Penalties; Policies and Procedures; and Celibacy and Friendships.

The young priests found the topics covered very useful for their life and ministry. Some comments:

“The workshop will help me to be a good human being.”

“I personally like the seminar because it dealt with issues which I encounter in my everyday life.”

“It was an eye-opener programme in terms of sexual behaviour/celibate chastity/kinds of relationships etc. Certainly this programme is going to enrich my relationship with God, my community, my ministry and my friendships as I live my priestly vocation.”


“It broadened my limited understanding of sexuality.”

“I give a perfect 10 because it’s most relevant. All the topics were very applicable to today’s scenario.”

“The programme was very relevant, very practical. I would like to give 10 points out of 10.”



No comments: