Sunday, May 21, 2023

“ENHANCING FORMATION SKILLS” PROGRAMME CONCLUDES AT SUMEDHA

The “Enhancing Formation Skills” programme concluded very successfully at Sumedha Centre today. 

This two-week training programme commenced on May 7. This was a special programme organized to mark the 20th anniversary of Sumedha Centre.

The two facilitators were Johny Nedungatt and Jose Parappully.

The programme provided theoretical input as well as opportunities for participants to reflect on their experiences in the light of the inputs provided and to share them with one another and for personal and common prayer

It was organised in such ways as to help participants gain a deeper understanding of themselves  as formators and of their  formees and develop the attitudes, dispositions and skills needed to be more effective formators.

The content of the programme included topics such as:

Portrait of a Formator, Spirituality of a Formator, Psychosexual Integration of Formees, Formation and Emotional Development, Formation Environment, Mental and Emotional Health, Psychosexual Integration, Healing Interventions, Vocational Discernment, and  Spiritual Direction.

Besides the intellectual activities, there were also moments of community relaxation and celebrations which helped to jell the group together..

Although only eight participants (3 priests and 5 religious women) attended, all were immensely satisfied with the programme.  On a scale of 1 to 10 on Usefulness, 1 meaning “Very Little Useful” and 10, “Immensely Useful”, four gave a perfect 10, and the other four 9.

Some comments:

“Within two weeks I learned more than what I learned in a 2-year formation programme elsewhere.  The best programme I have ever attended. – a truly enriching and enhancing experience. It made me a more confident formator. Great environment. Excellent food and accommodation.” P.


“I came with lots o confusion and self-doubts. The programme was informative, practical and very effective. A transformative Emmaus experience. The very soothing, calm and quiet environment helped in self-realization. I have been enriched by the programme.” B.

“The programme was very insightful and practical. It deepened my self-awareness an enhanced my formation skills, making me more confident. There was great community spirit, everything was just wonderful.” K.

“After attending this programme, I feel now confident an competent as a formator. Very good feelings about the place. Sumptuous meals, great tam spirit.” M.

“Environment created good feelings as a I arrived at the Centre. Learned so many useful things. I am encouraged to go ahead as a formator. Enjoyed our life together. Delicious food.” S.

“In feel happy, contented and privileged. Learned much about myself as a formator. Every topic was relevant. If I didn’t attend this programme, I would have messed up my formation work. Enjoyed the life together.” J.

“The place was very welcoming. Classes very effective, enriching. Well furnished rooms. Excellent food. The atmosphere here taught me lessons on love, listening, reflection and co-operation.”  G.

“The programme gave me strength and courage to go ahead as a formator. Every class was relevant, useful. Wonderful atmosphere and accommodation.” A



 

 

No comments: